Museums Home BMAGiC Home Search Browse BMAGiC Help About BMAGiC Contact Us
           

19th Century Commemorative Medal, St Phillip's Church Centenary, Birmingham

View main imageView larger image
Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery

Additional Images

Click on each image below to view at full size:
View image 2 

Basic Information

Accession Number:1933N45
Collection:Coins & Medals
Date:1815 c - 1815 c

Maker Information

Maker: Thomas Halliday - View biography for Thomas Halliday
Or:Hollins - View biography for Hollins

Notes

St Philip's was consecrated in 1715 and was designed by the Warwickshire architect Thomas Archer. It was built in a style reflecting the Italian Baroque after an Act of Parliament in 1708 created the first new parish in Birmingham, based on the part of the town known as the High Town. When the Diosese of Birmingham was formed in 1905 St Philip's Church was designated the Cathedral.This medal commemorates the centenary of St. Philip's consecration.

Presented by Derby Museum and Art Gallery Committee.

Further Information

Production Period:19th century
Material(s):White metal
Place of Origin:Birmingham, England

Associated Places

Associated Events

Dimensions

Diameter:46 mm