View larger image
© Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery
There are no additional images for this object.
|Date:||1873 - 1873|
|Artist:||Allen Edward Everitt - View biography for Allen Edward Everitt|
Everitt produced at least 14 drawings and watercolours of St Mary's before and during its restoration of 1876-80. He later reproduced some of these in his article on 'Handsworth Church and its Surroundings' published in 1878. The architect responsible for the restoration was J A Chatwin. He rebuilt the 14th century south aisle and also extended the chancel in an easterly direction. According to Everitt the pinnacles to the tower were installed in 1820.
|Transferred from Birmingham Reference Library.|