Museums Home BMAGiC Home Search Browse BMAGiC Help About BMAGiC Contact Us
           

Bottle

View main imageView larger image
ęGeoffrey Eastop

Additional Images

Click on each image below to view at full size:
View image 2 View image 3 View image 4 View image 5 

Basic Information

Accession Number:1992M1
Collection:Applied Art - Porcelain
Date:1979 - 1982

Maker Information

Ceramicist:Geoffrey Eastop - View biography for Geoffrey Eastop

Notes

From 1949-1952 Geoffrey Easton trained as a painter at Goldsmiths College, London as well as the Academie Ranson in Paris. In the early 1950s Geoffrey joined the Odney Pottery in Cookham, where they made ceramic objects for the John Lewis company. In 1968 a meeting with the late John Piper was the beginning of a long collaboration. Geoffrey helped to set up a pottery at Fawley Bottom Farmhouse making oxidised stoneware and large earthenware dishes with coloured glazes. This wavy-necked bottle piece shows a more delicate use of porcelain throughout the 1970s and early 1980s.

Purchased with the aid of a bequest by Miss Christine Iris Wigley.

Further Information

Production Period:20th Century
School/Style:Studio Ceramics
Medium:Porcelain, with an ash glaze over barium.
Material(s):Glaze
Place of Origin:Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, England

Dimensions

Height:254 mm