View larger image
© Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery
There are no additional images for this object.
|Date:||1834 - 1834|
|Maker:||William Pritchard - View biography for William Pritchard|
The Borough of Birmingham gave these pistols to the Constable of Birmingham, Thomas Parsons, in 1834.Boxed presentation pistols were sometimes given to officers to mark long service or a special occasion. W Pritchard & Son of 97 New Street made this pair of pistols. The mahogany case also contains tools and a bullet mould. Guns have been manufactured in Birmingham since the early 17th century and by the early 19th century the town's Gun Quarter was the foremost producer of arms in the world.
|Presented by Miss Isabella C Parsons.|
|Production Period:||19th century|
|Place of Origin:||Birmingham, England|