This cricket bat has been signed by the 2000 Warwickshire cricket team.Initiated by William Ansell, Warwickshire County Cricket Club was founded in 1882. It is located on a site off the Pershore Road, on land offered by Lord Calthorpe. The first match on the County Ground was played in June 1886, watched by 3,000 people. This bat was donated to Castille court, a warden-controlled complex for the elderly, and used as a bingo prize to raise money for outings and events for the complex's occupants. The winner, not being an ardent follower of the sport donated it to the Museum.